Monday, June 18, 2012

Creative Food Creative Brain Creative Work

 I love the farmer's market in the summer !!!!! The smells and color are enough to get inspired. Nothing but color and shapes as far as the eye can see. Yes produce gets my creative juices flowing. You just can't beat the color of an open cantaloupe or blueberry stains.
I am poor as dirt and live on an extremely tight budget.  Eating healthy is cheap people !!!! Water is practically free and it is in restaurants or at a fountain.
Our bodies are created to eat what is in season. I do get a little sick of squash by the middle of summer. I eat very little meat but that is only because I cook for one and it is expensive. We do need protein and can get it in many ways. Eggs and Whole Foods fresh ground peanut butter are my top picks. I love the book by Barbara Kingsolver
http://www.kingsolver.com/books/animal-vegetable-miracle.html
Who knew a book about food could be so entertaining? I am on a quest to eat my way to be more creative. Fueling my imagination with wholesome goodness, long walks with Zelda, music out the ying yang  and lots of laughter with friends. I have limited myself to Facebook because it drains the life out of me and makes me lazy. I would rather write my thoughts on my blog because it is like keeping a journal that you share. It doesn't matter if anyone reads it.
I am also reading my sister in laws book http://www.amazon.com/BodyInstinct-Week-Total-Transformation-Program/dp/1460966392. Tari knows her stuff and makes being healthy a no brain er. It is because of her and my brother that I started eating organic and healthy 5 years ago.  My body is strong when my brain is not. My body keeps me going when I don't feel like it. I only have one body and one wonky brain and I need them to work together.

Crap food makes me feel sluggish. My weakness is ice cream in summer and cookies dipped in coffee in winter. I allow myself to have these very rarely. My going out to eat weakness is french fries and fried fish. I don't eat out often so when I do I let it rip for one night.

The best thing about eating fresh live food is it is so easy and fast. You can do it all in one pan people. The less it is cooked the better. Last night I cut up yellow squash, zucchini, onion, garlic, cut the corn off the cob, eggplant all from the farmers market. I stir fried it all along with cut up catfish and a little old bay. It was so yummy , cheap and healthy. Just a tiny bit of olive oil. All of this was done in my treasured cast iron skillet which by the way will put a zap of iron in what is cooking.

I must confess I did eat some Ben & Jerry's Greek frozen strawberry yogurt. A girl has got to live a little. Today my treat will be fresh peaches and blueberries .

I think today I may stain some fabric with blueberries and search for paper the color of cantaloupes . Yum!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment